Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Doorway to Professional Learning Communities

The first blog I chose was Julian Stodd’s Learning Blog which can be found at http://julianstodd.wordpress.com. Mr. Stodd notes that he is a BSc (hons) MA and is a learning and development professional based in the UK, specializing in e-learning, mobile learning, social media and learning theory. Mr. Stodd takes everyday situations, relates them to the learning process and uses them in situations regarding his work as an instructional designer. I enjoyed this blog because it is not very technical- just straight to the point.

The second blog E-learning & Knowledge Management and is curated by Maira Aixa Villar who is an instructional designer and independent researcher. This blog can be found at http://www.scoop.it/t/elearning-knowledge-management. Scoop.it allows a person (curator) to gather information based on their interests from around the Web and distribute it according to their interests. Since Ms. Villar is an instructional designer I figured that this would be a great blog to have as a resource. I also liked this blog because it deals with the technological aspect of knowledge; technology’s impact on education and any new technology that will have an impact on instructional design field.

The third blog E-Learning Buzz and is located at http://elearningbuzz.wordpress.com. The author of this blog is Priya Gopalakrishnan, she relates in her blog that she holds a  Bachelor’s in English Literature, and is currently working on her Master’s in Instructional Design and Technology from Emporia State University, Kansas. I chose this blog because I felt that Ms. Gopalakrishnan and I had something in common since we are both working on a Master’s in instructional design through an online program. This blog will be useful for me to go to when I feel a little frustrated with the online process, since I am more used to the traditional “brick and mortar” system of learning.  Since she also works, has a family, maintains a blog, and is getting her Master’s, I feel that I can use this blog as a motivational tool in regards to achieving my degree goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment