I feel that the project could have been organized better from the beginning. It seemed that everyone was trying to tell everyone else how to handle their assigned responsibilities. I think that if the members of the reunion planning committee had used the RASCI model, the process would have went a lot smoother.
Benefits of using RASCI (Kosmala, 2009):
· Determines ownership of a particular project or task
· Promotes teamwork by clarifying roles and responsibilities
· Improves communication by getting the right groups involved
· Increases efficiency by eliminating duplication of effort
· Reduces misunderstanding between and across employees and key stakeholder groups
· Improves decision-making by ensuring the correct people are involved
· Provides the foundation for future alignment around a given project or initiative
Hopefully next year’s reunion will be more organized.
Komala,M. (2009). The canoe group: Project management: 6 steps to creating a successful rasci chart. Retrieved from http://www.thecanoegroup.com/470/project-management-6-steps-to-creating-a-successful-rasci-chart/